Saturday, September 18, 2004

The question is: what can Ekko do for me?

Last Tuesday I had a meeting in Ekko, to go working as a sound engineer there. They were a bit sorry for the fact that they couldn't offer me any money for it. But I don't care. I'm already so happy that I'm able to learn the trade, with great bands. I mean, last year they had Franz Ferdinand twice! And Magnapop will be coming again.
All I have to do is show up twice a month for work, and they'll teach me how to do live sound. I already have some experience, but I don't feel very confident with it yet. Once I do, I can easily ask my P.A. company to hire me in as a sound guy. That would be one more way of making money in music... And that's what it's all about for me. I don't want a desk job, not even if it pays the bills and make music on the side. Brrr... Done that, doesn't work.

No comments: