Thursday, June 10, 2004

Saw my old drumming teacher again

Danny drummingYesterday I helped out Petra "Schwanzig" for her qualifying test of the new Pop Academy of the Conservatory of Enschede. Petra is the female singer of the He Devils. She wants to switch from classical trumpet to pop-vocals. And so there I was, playing 'I Alone' and 'Like the way I do' while my old teacher Danny Sahupala was looking on. I hadn't talked to him in a long time. The last time I saw him was awkward. I just decided to quit school. He looked very disappointed. Not only in me, the whole school was going down. That was also the reason why I left.
But now Danny is Head of the Pop department, and he's doing a great job I believe. He seemed positively surprised to see me. We shook hands. Afterwards he thanked us for playing. Phew. Petra got through to the second round, by the way.

No comments: