Saturday, March 06, 2004

Halfhide on holiday

Carmen and I had a couple of days off in Scheveningen. On Thursday we got invited to the Jack Daniel's Rock Night in the Paard van Troje (Trojan Horse), The Hague. It was the first time I went to this legendary venue. It started at 8! That's when The Riplets kicked off the festival. But we weren't there at that time, of course. We are sane people. The reason why they had to start at such disrespectful early hours, was because the dance-party had to start at 12. This doesn't sound very Jack Daniel's to me. Next time I'll be a bit earlier, and the Riplets will play a tad later. That'll be in Tagrijn, Hilversum on the 12th of March.
So I didn't see the Riplets play. But I managed to give the remix to Janneke Riplet. I'm very pleased with the result myself. I hope to post it one day. If the Riplets haven't done that earlier...
Though I didn't see the band, I saw a lot of Riplet look-a-likes in the crowd! That's all very promising... Janneke asked me to play a short part in their upcoming video for 'Hey Mickey'. All I had to do was put on a t-shirt with 'Mickey' on it, and dance like John Travolta in Pulp Fiction. Then and there, of course. I did my best ;-) She had to really convince other people to do the same thing. I got some murky pics of it:

Janneke Riplet trying to convince someone to pose for her videoclipShe finally made him do it... now that's having a drive!
Janneke Riplet trying to convince someone to pose for her videoclip ... She finally made him do it... now that's having a drive!

Rene of the coverband The He-Devils asked me to help out with a studiojob. I used to do that every year with him, but now that he has another drummer I didn't expect that to happen anymore. The other drummer had his priorities elsewhere, however. So I'm back with the old devils. But this time in a bigger studio. Maybe I'll see Grad Damen there...

No comments: