Thursday, May 06, 2004

Even hell has its moments

Yesterday highlighted one of the most diverse days in my life. And I don't mean diverse in a positive way. I'm talking insurmountable differences. During the day, me and Carmen produced some songs for the upcoming special sampler we plan to sell at May 9. It went like a charm, working with Carmen lately is becoming quite a treat.
That night I went to work as a roadie for EuroPA. Little did I know of what I was getting into. It turned out to be a a men's only party where mentally impaired tape-acts, striptease dancers and other 'artists' were to perform before a drunken crowd of corps students. If the crowd didn't like the show, they could throw beer to the artist. Especially some of the mental patients suffered badly. They didn't understand what was going on, they became scared and bewildered. Suffice to say, I watched the scene with silent repulsion. The striptease dancers (they were called 'whores' on the programme) topped off this glimpse into hell.
The night was ended though by the still fabulous voice of Lee Towers. I had to do the spotlight for him. Lee always demands a spotlight when he performs. It was the first time for me. It was fun, made me forget a little of what went on before...

No comments: