Sunday, April 18, 2004

Carmenkata is winning

Tonight we won the Mooie Noten singer/songwriter contest. Next stop is Paradiso. I feel sorry for the artists that didn't make it. It's a lousy business sometimes. But this time we won, so I won't complain.
But it's definitely the last time we'll do music contests. It goes so very much against the grain of everything I believe in. I just can't help it, but I'm releaved when I see some artists are doing bad on stage. That means more chance for us to win. I hate that killer mentality of myself, when it's related to music that is. I wish I could just enjoy making music with likeminded people. Normally I do, but when it's a contest something inside of me wants to give way to backstabbing. Fortunately, I can constrain myself. But it doesn't feel right.

No comments: